Sunday, May 15, 2011

Countdown to 40

OK, I have thirty days until I turn forty. I have obviously not written anything in ages. I have written a million posts in my head but just never managed to get anything to flow from my brain to the keyboard. For the next thirty days I am going to post something each and every day, no matter how mundane, just to prove I can accomplish one last goal before this goofy milestone birthday.

I get the whole "OH" birthday thing. I really do. But honestly, for me, on the whole, this is just another day coming heading my way. Not trying to sound hokey but I really celebrate the ability just to be with loved ones everyday - not just one day a year and certainly not just one day a decade! In fact I posted this on The Twitter last month, "Sometimes a couple hours with good friends is better than the longest vacation #thankfulforthelittlegreatthings" and I promise you ... the state of my house shows how often I am lucky enough to spend time with friends!

The great house purge will continue over the next month as well. I am tired of living in a house full of crap. Hopefully the "Scary Room" will finally be my dream home office. Now THAT will be the real milestone in this girl's life!

No comments:

Post a Comment