Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Because I have to post

I spent somewhere between five and six hours cleaning the crap out of my master bathroom today. Six fucking Hefty bags of shit. I am exhausted. But I keep repeating ... "I am not a hoarder, I am not a hoarder, I am not a hoarder."

Do yourselves a favor right now. If you buy something and you a) do not like it or b) it does not work to your satisfaction but is not dysfunctional - THROW THE SHIT OUT IMMEDIATELY! You will never use it, it will take up space and you will get in the habit of keeping fucking everything that might be used someday. (By the way - I am still not a hoarder.)

I cannot imagine how many thousands of dollars of crap I have been throwing because I needed it or because it was on sale (stacks and stacks of expired crap.) No more of that shit for me, if I need it - I will go buy it. Period. I have heard there is a new television show called "Extreme Couponing" where people buy 400 jars of pickles, 80 jars of mayo, 68 boxes of Tide and the such but end up spending $12.45 because they clipped coupons and watched store deals. You know what? Who the fuck needs 80 jars of mayo at once besides a school, hospital or nursing home? I know a mother of 2, 4 or 6 certainly does not. But - AHA - a hoarder does! Yes, these extreme couponers are nothing more than organized hoarders. They hoard all the food, line it up all pretty on shelves (which may or may not be in home additions due to their couponing addiction) and call it saving money. Riddle me this but if you spend 60 hours a week "saving" money buying crap you don't need, when do you have time to work or have a real social life? See ... it's Hoarding 201 - Hiding in Public.

Tomorrow is a nice break from housework and purging. Well, errands during the day but the Cardinals' game tomorrow night with girlfriends. The last game we tried to attend brought a tornado that hit the airport ... lightning really can't hit twice, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment